Thursday, May 29, 2008

Beginning in Beijing


Yeah, this day has finally arrived! We woke up at 5:45 AM., showered, had breakfast, and did some last minute packing. Hopefully, we have everything we need—our digital camera, toys, and a stroller for Joanna. Mom was extremely excited to pack Joanna’s outfits into her new Dora suitcase. I have my music and books (a Joe Montana biography, and a modern history of Oxford, England). Life is good.

Around 7:00 AM, our friend, Libby, drove us to the San Francisco International airport. Our flight left SFO to Beijing, China, at 11:30 AM. Thirteen hours of flight time, bring it on!

So as they say in China, “Zai Jian” ("goodbye" for now). I will write more once we get to Middle Kingdom!





2 comments:

Tammy Roberts said...

I get goosebumps everytime I think about the journey you guys are on. I have prayed and asked God to send a special angel to watch over you. Have a safe return and you are all three in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

hello mr.shields..
its me ivona Hernandez and Ashley pulido..we are at school right now.
we read the good news and we are happy for you. Hope we can visit you sometime at stonegate.
well hope your having a good time.
see ya.!=]